IS the Play+ Card by Sightlines is a new alternative to adding funds to gamble with. Basically, players can simply play off their connected Momentum Players Card. But, how good is this for the gambler?
Sightline’s Play+ system allows players to establish a pre-paid account and use their loyalty card to move money from that account to their favorite slot or table game. Bobby Soper , president of the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority, was instrumental in approving the system for Mohegan Sun in Connecticut. He says the ease of use and convenience for the player was an important part of that decision, as well as the reduction in paperwork and data availability for the casino. Soper said in an interview with Global Gaming Business News that it would really benefit high denomination players who continuously deal with adding $20 & $100 bills to their machine – something this player doesn’t deal with. Nevertheless, higher rollers do.
Besides Mohegan Sun, Pechanga Casino in Temecula, CA. will be adding it. Atlantic City Casinos such as Borgata, Resorts, and Golden Nugget Marina use it to access their online poker sites. Soper sees it as a new currency and, much like roll out of TITO (Ticket-In, Ticket-Out that took the place of coin cash out) it will take a while for players to be completely comfortable with it. “It’s cleaner, quicker, more efficient and according to [reviews] from our guests….they like it.”
With your Momentum Play+ card, you can game, shop, travel, dine and more without the hassle of carrying cash. Best of all, you can use your card at Mohegan Sun and at millions of locations worldwide, everywhere Discover® is accepted. Here’s how it works, with a bit of commentary from NETG. You load funds using a credit or debit card, then you can:
- Download funds to your favorite slot machines with the touch of a button. (I never knew handling cash was such a nuisance, but apparently it is! )
- Load your winnings and jackpot payouts directly onto your card – no need to cash out. (Since the Ticket-In, Ticket-Out systems were implemented, the handling of coins and waiting for hopper fills have disappeared. But, does this make it easier to to manage or mismanage your funds. It certainly makes it easier to gamble more than your bankroll. However, see #5 below which could help in that area.)
- Add money 24/7 online, via our mobile app or at the casino cage. (As long as you choose to use the bankroll management, this could be a great time saver. Lines at casino cashiers can be very time consuming, and the people in line with you can be incredibly rude)
- Withdraw from ATM’s worldwide* (possible fees may apply) (Why would you want to do this? This is called “CASH ADVANCE isn’t it? Fees, fees, and more fees – consumer beware, here.)
- Set alerts and texts to manage your account
- Protected by FDIC up to $250,000 with zero liability for unauthorized purchases
Here are the three most positive aspects we see:
- No need to carry lots of cash at casino. Card is protected and can contain all the bankroll you expect to play.
- No ATM or Credit Card fees for getting your money. There is a nominal yearly fee for the card’s regular sign-up ($3)
- Bankroll Management – you play only what is on the card for that trip. Load it before you go, set alerts, and you shouldn’t overspend.
For the FAQ page for more information, click here or login to your MyMoheganSun account for more information.
That’s all for now.