New England Casinos on a $250 Bankroll “If you had a limited budget/bankroll of $250, which New England casino would you choose and what games would you play and why?”
Someone asked me this question a few months ago and I keep revisiting it in my mind. But I couldn’t take that question for face value….. oh, noooooh……I needed more info, some criteria to base my opinion on.
Criteria – 2 Players, $250 Bankroll
So, I came up with two different players, both variations of myself:
- Player 1 (we’ll call him Rob) is inexperienced, has no particular affiliation to any New England Casino, but has a players card from all of them.
- Player 2 (we’ll call him Bin) favors a few, has been playing for years and also has played at the all with a players card from them all, but favors two.
- Both players, amazingly, know how to play table games, video poker and like playing slots in the same way. Favorite table games include Pai Gow Poker, Craps & Blackjack in that order.
- Both players are looking to play in New England Casinos on a $250 Bankroll
Here are a few personal notes about Rob & Bin:
- They like to play for long periods of time.
- They also enjoy short daily bursts (which is not good for their Average Daily Theoretical ).
- Both enjoy relaxing individual play, but at times prefer the camaraderie Craps & Pai Gow Poker.
- The goal is to play as long as possible on a bankroll of $250
- Finally, the most important criteria is kinda right out of the Sci-Fi channel. Each one owns a worm hole to transport themselves to any of the eight casinos instantly. (Pretty cool, huh?)
So let’s begin.
Rob (Player 1)
Rob doesn’t favor one New England Casino over another. Rob believes each has its advantages and disadvantages. But where to play…….hmmmmmm…..
With no loyalty to any casino Rewards Clubs playing long and a chance of winning big is the priority. Food options or playing for comps is secondary. Rob prefers to play at:
#1 (preferred) – Foxwoods.
“The Wonder of It All” – Rob enjoys starting in the Asian Gaming area in the Rainmaker Casino for $15 Pai Gow Poker. Another great option is $5 craps in the Cedars Casino (beware, odds bets now have a 5X limit instead of 10X). If that didn’t work out, two possible plans with what was left – play bar top machines with Double Super Times Pay with decent pay tables at $.05 for Triple-Play & Five-play at Play Bar in the Cedars Casino or the Racebook with a good bar with great service. Cedars Casino also has stadium gaming.
When a break was needed, the dining options at Foxwoods run the gamut from casual to classy.
#2 (Runner-up) MGM Springfield
This property can be a lot of fun. The slots are new and plentiful. Rob prefers to visit the craps table first. Midweek, you can find $10 craps tables, not the best for a $250 bankroll, but playable. Also, MGM Springfield offers the “The Morning Deal”. Every Monday-Friday from 6am – 9am $5 minimums are available on Black Jack, Three Card Poker, Four Card Poker, Ultimate Texas Hold’Em, Let it Ride Poker.
Plan B would be slots, slots, and more slots. Rob would not bother with video poker, unless it was at the bar for socializing and free drinks. The video poker pay tables are terrible. The fact that all Massachusetts casinos are non-smoking is a plus. In addition, the fact that the rewards club, MLife, is connected to many other properties across the country is a perk Rob enjoys as one of his casino players cards.
Bin (Player 2)
Only one choice for Bin –
A. Best gambling odds.
Full-Pay JOB Video Poker, with 9/6 Double Double Bonus available also.
$15 Pai Gow Poker tables
$5 Craps tables
One of the largest assortment of slots in the East Coast.
Best New England Player lounges.
Point Promotions – 2X (Momentum & Status), 3X (Status), Status Mayhem of 2X-5X
Special parking for upper tier status levels, starting at Leap, 3rd level out of 5)
Entertainment options and offers are beyond special and plentiful, with new entertainment venues opening all the time. Comix Roadhouse, Nouvelle, and Game On! are examples of special entertainment options. The Mohegan Sun Arena has been voted best concert venue 5 out of the last 8 years.
Related Post – Mohegan Sun Arena Voted Tops Again
C. Dining options – especially best at the low to mid dining cost.
D. Mohegan Sun Players Rewards – while the Rewards Club is not easy to work with for low and mid rollers, Mohegan Sun is connected to other casinos such as Mohegan Sun Poconos, Resorts in Atlantic City and soon the new Virgin Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. (Formerly the Hard Rock.)
E. The Property – Mohegan Sun’s two casinos’ design incorporates tribal decor with an enjoyable spaciousness. It’s comfy, besides beautiful, unique, and awesome.
So, those are the New England Casinos that Bin & Rob would visit with a bankroll of a $250. It might be different if the bankrolls were $100 or $1000. But, that’s for another post.
Remember, when gambling,” Embrace the Math, Not the Myth.”
Binbin, Bin, & Rob