Openings, News, and Events
It’s Time for some New England Casino Dining News. Dining in New England’s Casinos continues to expand after the pandemic. As a result, great things are happening as we approach the summer. By no means is this the complete list of culinary experiences to look forward to, but here are many to take advantage of at present.
Encore Boston Harbor
The chefs at Encore Boston Harbor always bring something new and exciting to the table.
We have not covered Cheese Meet Wine, but it is a destination for delicious duos of charcuterie favorites and delectable wines. They are well-known imported and domestic carved-to-order meats, fresh soft and hard cheeses, sandwiches, soups, a raw bar, and a “build-your-own Board” option.
Did You Know – The main difference between charcuterie and cheese board is their ingredients; charcuterie refers to various meat products, while cheeseboard refers to a selection of cheeses served together.
Try the featured Chef Timothy’s Favorites featuring The Italian Wich, chorizo dry salame, prosciutto di Parma 24-month aged, Humboldt Fog, and clothbound cheddar. MENU
This steakhouse experience is redefined with creative classics and exceptional cuts, reminiscent of Sinatra Steakhouse at Wynn Las Vegas. Rare features the most uniquely curated steak program in New England and is featuring three specials:
- The Rare Experience – Rare offers a three-course tasting menu for $75 per guest every Wednesday. The menu showcases Rare’s signature items, including Roasted Maine Lobster Bisque, Bay of Fundy Salmon, Baileys & Mascarpone Cheesecake.
- Prime Rib Thursday – a special prime rib dinner featuring your choice of the King or Princess cut served with roasted carrots, horseradish-whipped potatoes, and accompanying sauces. The King cut is $65, and the Princess cut is $48. Reservations are recommended.
- Surf and Turf for Two – every Sunday for a Surf and Turf special for two. For $250, enjoy a 20-ounce peppercorn crusted dry-aged Prime NY Strip and a broiled 2 ½ pound Maine lobster prepared beurre blanc style to share.
Mystique Unlimited – One of NETimeGambling’s favorites, Mystique, offers a special unlimited menu from 5–10 p.m. For $59 per person, every Monday through Thursday.
- ENDLESS SUSHI – Red Lantern is modeled after its sister property in Boston and features a redesigned open kitchen, full sushi counter, and lounge area. One of our long-time favorites is Red Lantern’s ENDLESS SUSHI on Thursday Nights.
- BOATS & BOTTLES – on Sundays, for $48, you can build your Sushi boat with1/2 priced bottles of wine & sake
MGM Springfield has slowly been shifting operations back to normal, and reopening Costa is the final piece of the pie. It is the last MGM restaurant to reopen following the original shutdown in 2020, and said the casino has been very strategic with its plans.
“Costa will bring you back to Grandma’s kitchen as you indulge in traditional antipasti and pizza.”Manager Gary Evangelista said that the dishes at Costa are “more approachable than the previous menu (Cal Mare), offering more identifiable dishes like spaghetti and meatballs, linguini Bolognese, piccata, and chicken parmesan. “What I bring to the restaurant is understanding what the market demands,” he said. “Being able to identify with the locals.”
Costa will bring you back to Grandma’s kitchen as you indulge in traditional antipasti and pizza. He said some of the highlights of the new menu are the staples people come to expect from an Italian restaurant like calamari, fresh meatballs, handmade pasta, handmade pizzas, and chicken parmesan.
The pizza counter opens at 11:30 a.m. and on Saturdays at 11 a.m. The dining room is open 5-10 p.m. Sunday, Monday, and Thursday and 5-11 p.m. Friday and Saturday. The restaurant is closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
Related Post – Tao at Mohegan Sun – A Tale of Two Visits
The Sun BBQ Fest – June 11th &12th
Sun BBQ Fest celebrates the best in barbecue with lots of food, cold beer, hand-crafted cocktails, and live music. Sun BBQ Fest also features a World Food Championship sanctioned barbecue competition with teams that compete all over the country. During the last hour of the event, stick around to celebrate; over $25,000 will win prize money!
New items this year include outdoor activities for your friends and family.
- Delicious BBQ and sweet treats,
- Big Dog’s Axe Throwing all weekend.
- Get your group together to play in Sunday’s Wicked Cornhole Tournament. The tournament team winner will get a free hotel stay and (2) tickets to see a show at the Arena (for available dates)!
- Learn from leading BBQ Chefs, including,
- Mike Puma from Gotham Burger Social Club out of NYC.
- Are you interested in viewing the BBQ judging? We are pulling back the curtain for guests to view select judging times throughout the weekend.
- Mohegan Digital is also bringing the heat this summer, promoting their online casino app with more exciting giveaways and the Temperature Rising Game Show.
- They are now offering private fire pit rentals available for groups of 6 – 8 guests. This is a 21+ experience—no underage admission within this seating area.
This is not all, but that’s more than enough for now. Enjoy dining inside and outside New England’s Casinos with the weather changing, and everyone’s out and about. Maybe I’ll see you there!