Here’s an update of one of my first posts. It was true then, and it’s true now. I want to reflect on why I like mornings for gambling, or at casinos in general. I can hear Linus singing “Happiness” at the end of the first Peanuts Casino animation, coming soon. “Mornings In the Casino Are the Best for Me…..”
Serenity in an Empty Casino
- First and foremost – There’s nobody there! I’m talking at 6:00 am. I mean, to hop to any machine, play a little BJ, hit a whole row of Video Poker – it’s just the best. And the quiet is just surreal. The few people who are there either just got up or are looking for breakfast somewhere – or asleep on a machine!
- Beverage service – nothing like black coffee and all the water you want – and not having to wait long to get it.
- Smoke – you can feel the last remnant of it being cleared before the weekend crowds appear. It’s the crispest air you’ll find at a casino (if anyone can refer to casino air as crisp?) (Please note, with most casinos non-smoking during this COVID-19 pandemic, almost every casino floor is like this, except Twin River for some strange reason.)
- Cleanliness – Machines are wiped down, and there aren’t as many machines to sit down at where there are ashes all over and/or drink glasses not picked up.
- If it’s a local casino, I get to leave before the buses and weekend crowds arrive, and I still have the rest of the day to myself. (Please note, once again, due to the pandemic, busses are not a concern at most casinos)
- Two additions from our friend Mike T. from the AITG Facebook group – 1) No machine hogs, and 2) not many machine slappers…..if any!
Mornings In the Casino Are the Best for Me
Related Post – 10 Reasons to Visit a Casino Besides Gambling
Viva Las Vegas in the Morning
- It’s also a great time for visitors to watch the few people either waking up or finally going to bed. Ah, that walk of shame and the business girls parading after their night shift.
- The action is still going, but still not busy.
- A healthy walk outside in the morning to start your day. We usually visit in July and August, and it gets hot! A walk down Las Vegas Boulevard without “mosiers,” huskers, and timeshare hawkers is peaceful in the cool of the morning.
Serenity now? Yes, in the morning. Keep Calm and Gamble in the morning. That’s all for now.
About Binbin and NETimeGambling.com
Robin T. Aubin (AKA Binbin at NETimeGambling) has been a guest on Cousin Vito’s Casino Podcast, The Bettor Life Podcast, The Art in the Game Podcast featuring all that is Springfield, Massachusetts. as well as ZorkCast with Michael Trager. As the founder of NETimeGambling.com, he has tried to provide a resource for recreational gamblers featuring New England’s expanding casino market events, gambling promotions, and entertainment. As a professional musician for over 50 years, he has performed in some of New England’s best venues, namely Mohegan Sun’s Wolf Den, Foxwoods’ Atrium Lounge, and Twin River’s Lighthouse Bar & Lounge.
The goal of NETimeGambling is to provide a service and resource for any recreational gambler visiting New England’s expanding casino market and interested in gambling tips, news, advice, and the latest in events, gambling promotions, and entertainment.
Follow us on Twitter at @NETimeGambling, and on Facebook at NETimegambling. Join the New England Casinos Facebook Group and chat about experiences at our New England Casinos.