Here’s an update of one of my first posts. I wanted to reflect on why I like mornings for gambling or at casinos in general. It was true then, and it’s true now. I can hear Linus singing “Happiness” at the end of the first Peanuts Casino animation, coming soon. “Mornings In the Casino Are the Best for Me.”
Serenity in an Empty Casino😊
- First and foremost – There’s nobody there! I’m talking at 6:00 am. I mean, to hop to any machine, play a little BJ, hit a whole row of Video Poker – it’s just the best. And the quiet is just surreal. The few people who are there either just got up or are looking for breakfast somewhere – or asleep on a machine!
- Beverage service – nothing like black coffee and all the water you want – and not having to wait long to get it.
- Smoke – you can feel the last remnant of it being cleared before the weekend crowds appear. It’s the crispest air you’ll find at a casino (if anyone can refer to casino air as crisp?) (And with most casinos changing to non-smoking during this COVID-19 pandemic, almost every casino floor is like this.)
- Cleanliness – Machines are wiped down, and there aren’t as many machines to sit down at where there are ashes all over and/or drink glasses not picked up.
- If it’s a local casino, I get to play and leave before the buses and weekend crowds arrive, and I still have the rest of the day to myself.
- Two additions from our friend Mike T. from the AITG Facebook group – 1) No machine hogs, and 2) not many machine slappers…..if any!
Related Post – 10 Reasons to Visit a Casino Besides Gambling
Viva Las Vegas in the Morning
Las Vegas is wonderful in the morning as well. There’s a crispness to the desert air outside. Inside the casino, it’s much of the above. But there are additional perks to mornings in Las Vegas.
- It’s also a great time for visitors to watch the few people waking up or finally going to bed. Ah, that walk of shame and the business girls parading after their night shift.
- The action is still going, but still not busy.
- A healthy walk outside in the morning to start your day. We usually visit in July and August, and it gets hot!
- A walk down Las Vegas Boulevard without “mosiers,” huskers, and timeshare hawkers is peaceful in the cool of the morning.
- Late-night usually morphs into the early morning, then into the morning. The tables are always happening in the morning. Positions are available. Set the alarm and start your gambling day at 3:00 AM. Just ask Michael Trager at TravelZork!
Yes. Keep Calm and Gamble in the morning. That’s all for now.
Binbin and NETimeGambling.com
Robin Aubin (AKA Binbin at NETimeGambling) has been a guest on Cousin Vito’s Casino Podcast, The Bettor Life Podcast, The Art in the Game Podcast Springfield, Massachusetts, as well as ZorkCast with Michael Trager. In 2013, he created NETimeGambling com. The mission was to provide a resource for recreational gamblers visiting New England’s expanding casino market events. We offer trip reports, gambling tips, casino promotions, entertainment, and more for those visiting our nine casinos. NETG also provides general gambling tips for those recreational gamblers inside and outside the northeast.
He is now retired from teaching middle school music for 41 years and performing professionally for over 50 years. Robin has performed at Mohegan Sun’s Wolf Den, Foxwoods’ Atrium Lounge, and Twin River’s Lighthouse Bar & Lounge.
Follow us on Twitter at @NETimeGambling, and on Facebook at NETimegambling. And subscribe to our new podcast – The New England Casino and Gambling Podcast.
Join the New England Casinos Facebook Group and chat about your gambling experiences.