Mohegan Sun is Tops Third Year Running. It’s official. In fact, two significant awards were announced. They include USA Today’s 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards, and Casino Player Magazine’s Best of Gaming 2020.
Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment (MGE) is operator of Mohegan Sun in Connecticut and multiple properties throughout the United States and internationally.
But Wait, There’s More…..
In additional, MGE received the Forbes’ America’s Best-In-State Employers award. According to Forbes, 80,000 U.S. employees took an independent survey. Moreover, those employees came from companies employing at least 500 people. In fact, these surveys provided a representative sample of the U.S. workforce.
Other notable recognitions includes:
- “Best Casino Hotel,”
- “The Best Casino Outside of Las Vegas”
- “Best Player’s Club” for its Momentum Rewards Program.
The Top 10 Best Casino Hotels in the U.S. for 2020 are:
- Mohegan Sun – Uncasville, Connecticut
- Casino Del Sol – Tucson
- Pechanga Resort Casino – Temecula, California
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino – Hollywood, Florida
- Encore Boston Harbor Resort – Everett, Massachusetts
- French Lick Resort & West Baden Springs Hotel – French Lick, Indiana
- WinStar World Casino and Resort – Thackerville, Oklahoma
- IP Casino Resort Spa – Biloxi, Mississippi
- Foxwoods Resort Casino – Mashantucket, Connecticut
- The Venetian & The Palazzo – Las Vegas
At first, the experts below partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees.
- STEVE BOURIE – the author of the American Casino Guide.
- G. DOUGLAS DREISBACH – the publisher of Southern & Midwest Gaming and Destinations
- LISA ROBERTSON-DZIEDZIC – the Publisher of Casino Player magazine and Strictly Slots magazine.
Next, readers voted on their favorite choices in each category. This took a span of four weeks. Finally, the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
To be honest, I am not a fan of popular vote. I don’t completely believe the results of “popular vote” shows, sports recognition and award programs. Consequently, NETG believes the industry and media should be voting for these accolades. However, bias and prejudice would certainly skew the voting as much as a popular vote would. So, “c’est la vie.”
“To be voted ‘Best Casino Hotel’ for the third consecutive year is truly an honor. We pride ourselves on providing guests with the highest quality of service. As a result, we provide exciting amenities and experiences that can’t be found anywhere else.said Jeffrey Hamilton, President and General Manager
MGE Receives a Total of 31 Recognitions
Eight of MGE’s awards were first-place wins in Casino Player Magazine’s “Best of Gaming 2020. They included “Best Overall Gaming Resort,” and “Favorite Casino Resort to Vacation At.” Additionally, MGE-operated Resorts Casino Hotel in Atlantic City was recognized for its on-property restaurant, Capriccio. It which earned the number one spot for “Best Casino Restaurant” in Atlantic City.
“These notable awards remind us of the importance of our guiding philosophy, ‘The Spirit of Aquai,’ emphasizes our commitment in embodying a welcoming, cooperative mindset. as a result, displaying mutual respect for others and building relationships. We believe these principles makes us stand out from the industry standard.”Mario Kontomerkos, MGE’s Chief Executive Officer
Congratulations to MGE and all its staff.
Once again, Mohegan Sun is Tops Third Year Running. To the rest of the country, there’s always next year.