It was the end of the annual Maine casino trip. We wanted to end in style at Mohegan Sun after traveling from Oxford Casino, Oxford Maine. Our Mohegan Sun Trip Report today contains some different opinions of the Earth Hotel and the Seasons Buffet. Here is Miranda, Earth Hotel and Sun Buffet – MS Trip report.
But first, remember to try our Video Poker free trial at VideoPoker.com by clicking on the image below. A free gold membership awaits you for two weeks. Practice your favorite game – single line, multiline or play video keno. The Gold membership entitles you the video poker tutor to help you learn the best strategy for your favorite game. Also, you are able to customize your pay tables to play the exact games at your favorite casino. Click on it and join the fun!
Miranda Lambert in Concert
It’s always great to hear a headliner and giant in the country music scene such as Miranda Lambert. Her first performance on her Roadside Bars and Pink Guitars Tour 2019 was extraordinary. With songs aided by warm-up performers and special guests Caylee Hammock & the Pistol Annies, it proved to be one of the best concerts of 2019 in the 2019 Arena of the Year, Mohegan Sun Arena. Song after familiar song entertained her crowd with little speaking, just great country music from start to finish.
Earth Hotel Room
The Earth Hotel opened late in 2016 and this winter will approach three years since its opening. We enjoyed the clean modern design. I’ve always enjoyed the first Hotel, the Sky Tower, more. But after this stay, I recommend either. Walking down the hallway to the hotel reminds me of the best in Vegas. The early check-in online, coupled with the kiosk to get our keys got us into our room ahead of a long line at the hotel’s check-in. Worked like a charm.
Earth Hotel has 400-rooms and 39 suites, one of which can accommodate 10 people. The lobby, is home to various lounging areas including the Bean and Vine Café & Wine Bar. Outside the lobby, the outdoor Earth Tower Terrace has gas fire pits, a satellite bar and food service.
The Deluxe King Room in the Earth Tower.While the rooms are slightly smaller rooms than the Sky Tower, they do include upholstered chair with ottoman, a large flat-screen TV on the wall with built-in Chromecast, along with the requisite coffeemaker and fridge. The new high tech additions include:
- push a button near the bed that signals with a small colored light outside your door that you don’t want to be disturbed (plastic door tags requesting “privacy”),
- the ability to quickly set the TV to come on at a desired time as your wake-up call
- state-of-the-art touch wall switches and thermostat, various places to plug in your cellphone
- the best amenity is the mini-iPad that gives you control of all the above, dining reservations, room service options and everything going on including Expo meetings.
RELATED POST – Mohegan Sun’s Earth Tower – A First Hand Look
Mohegan’s Buffet has always been the best in New England for years. But recently, the bar has been raised. MGM Springfield had a Sunday buffet that was well received and Foxwoods completely renovated their Rainmaker Buffet. When we went for breakfast ay Mohegan Sun, we expected the quality that had separated them from the rest. Well, it wasn’t the case. Our disappointments included:
- quiche hard as a brick
- egg whites from the omelet station swimming in oil
- beef hash with chunks of beef that were hard as rocks
- station containers that were empty or close to empty
- pizza (usually excellent) had an experiment that just didn’t work – bacon, apple, cheese and….wait for it…..caramelized onions.
- sticky buns swimming in enough sugar to send anyone in an insulin shock
It wasn’t all bad. The cereal bar, salmon pizza, and roasted sirloin are still the bomb. Whether it was an off morning, or signs to come, I won’t be taking in the breakfast at Mohegan Sun anytime soon.
While the buffet was below the standards we expect, staying at Mohegan Sun is always a great treat. Miranda, Earth Hotel and Sun Buffet are still a great way to spend a Friday night!
There’s got to be another place to put another hotel, don’t you think? I wish they would find it.