1) Learn the Basic Strategy
2) Go to the casino with someone who knows what to do at the blackjack table, and visit at a less crowded time.
3) Stick to your basic strategy
4) Scout the tables to find the most liberal playing rules.
5) Don’t make the Insurance wager
More of 10 Tips For Blackjack Beginners
6) Check the dealer’s upcard
Before you decide what to do after the cards are dealt, check the dealer upcard. Is it bad (2 through 6) or good (7 through Ace)? “What the dealer has makes all the difference on what action the player should take, according to basic strategy.”
7) Don’t sit in the first base seat.
Sit in the middle if you can to give you more time to review your hand and the dealer up card. Stay away from the third base or last seat. Some players think your play changes the outcome of the game. Mathematically, it doesn’t matter in the long run. The decisions of other players at the table won’t impact your hand. “You’re playing alone against the dealer,” says Frank Scoblete, author of many gambling resources. “They don’t know what you have and vice versa.”
8) Always give your Players Rewards Card to the dealer
9) Have fun and bring only the bankroll you can enjoy spending.