Two months ago, Foxwoods was ready to try concerts with strict safety protocols. Casinos were opening more and more. Unfortunately, COVID-19 didn’t miraculously go away. In fact, it is worse now than ever imagined. Previous Thanksgivings at New England’s Casinos had many more offerings. All restaurants were open. And buffets were a family tradition for many. Let’s make the best of it – easier said than done. Here’s Casino Hours Entertainment and Thanksgiving Specials In A Covid World.
Clubs In Connecticut
Foxwoods has been the leader in opening up club entertainment.
- Centrale has DJ Entertainment on Friday – Sunday, 9-11 pm. There’s a two-drink minimum. No party larger than five will be seated together. Table Reservations are required. Click HERE.
- The Comedic Corner is every Thursday at Centrale at 8:00 pm.
- Atrium Bar & Lounge has DJ Entertainment Friday & Saturday from 12:00 pm to 2 am and 1 am, respectively.
At Mohegan Sun, The Roadhouse and Comix have led the way.
- Comix has comedians booked on different weekend nights, so check their schedule.
- novelle has reopened.
- Game On is open Tuesday – Sunday. Check the website for times.
- Vista Lounge is open Thursday – Saturday from 5 pm to Midnight. (11:00 pm on Thurs.)
- RoadHouse Entertainment seems to be canceled until further notice.
Hours of Operation In a Covid World
Due to the spike in COVID-19 cases, Massachusetts casinos have changed operating hours.
- MGM Springfield’s hours of operation will be 10:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. daily. All Nightlife venues are closed. The hotel will remain closed until a future date.
- Encore Boston Harbor’s hours of operation will be 9 am to 9 pm. Also, all hotel reservations at Encore Boston Harbor have been canceled through December.
- Plainridge Park is open 7 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. daily. No entry is allowed after 8:30 p.m. Flutie’s Sports Pub and Revolution Lounge will remain closed.
Both Twin River (Bally’s) and Tiverton will follow Governor Gina Raimondo’s two-week plus shutdown. Starting November 30, both casinos will close at 10 pm ET on Nov. 29
Maine in a COVID World
Governor Mills gave an Executive Order announced changes to casino hours of operation. Hollywood Bangor’s new hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. No entry allowed after 8:30 p.m. Oxford Casino hours will be:
- CASINO HOURS 6:00AM-8:45PM
- TABLE GAMES 6:00AM-8:45PM
- FOOD & BEVERAGE SERVICE will end at 8:30PM
Here are the few Thanksgiving Day Dining Specials available this year.
Rhode Island in a COVID World
- Wicked Good Bar & Grill is open for Thanksgiving from 12:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Reservations are recommended but not required.
- Jerry Longo’s Meatballs & Martinis, Thursday: 4 pm-9 pm (last seating).
The Casino Cafe & Grille fare offering Thanksgiving Dinner
from 12 pm – 8 pm. Reservations requested. Dine-In or Takeout
Massachusetts – Encore Boston Harbor
Rare Steakhouse is offering a special Thanksgiving dinner created by executive chef James Ash for $48.
Connecticut in a COVID World
There are seven dining specials for Thanksgiving Day. The restaurants include BALLO Italian Restaurant, Carlo’s Bakery, Jasper White’s Summer Shack, Michael Jordan’s Steak House, MJ23 Sports Bar & Grill, Skyrise Food Court Todd English’s Tuscany. Click here for dining details.
There are four dining specials for Thanksgiving Day. The restaurants included are CEDARS STEAKS & OYSTERS, VERANDA CAFÉ, BURKE PRIME STEAKHOUSE, and LAKE OF ISLES (take out). Click here for dining details.
There are no Thanksgiving Day specials for casino guests at Maine’s two casinos. For the fourth year, Hollywood Casino, under the leadership of Jose Flores, will be providing Thanksgiving Dinner for Shelter guests and the Community. Bravo to Hollywood Bangor.
The effects of COVID-19 continue to exasperate us. Let’s be thankful at the moment. Be hopeful for the future. Treat others with kindness and respect. Together, we’ll get through this.