Video Poker Resources Improve your game in many ways. There are many formats to practice on – yes, I practice. I prepare two video poker games constantly – Jacks or Better and Double Double Bonus Poker. Video Poker does involve skill. Correct strategy goes beyond basic strategy. Knowledge of penalty cards, strategy changes according to different pay tables and other nuances just might buy a few extra hands. More hands gives a better chance to keep your bankroll intact and the hopes for that illusive Royal Flush.
Video Poker Resources – Let’s Get Started
Friend of NETimeGambling.com and one of the leading gambling strategy gurus, John Grochowski knows the importance of correct strategy. In one of the many publications he writes for, John suggested these software programs to help improve your strategy and speed. “As for software, at different times on different computers, I use Bob Dancer’s Video Poker for Winners, Jean Scott’s Frugal Video Poker and Dean Zamzow’s WinPoker. All can be set for different games and pay tables and will alert you when you are making mistakes. Video Poker for Winners and Frugal Video Poker will generate strategy tables. WinPoker doesn’t do that, but I find it the easiest to use when I need to adjust to a pay table that’s not one of the basics already included on the software.” You can see these programs below with links.
So, practice, practice, practice. The staple to any VP beginner’s book library would be John Grochowski’s “The Video Poker Answer Book.” It’s a great place to start.
Remember, a good gambler isn’t reckless about betting, it’s someone who tries to get the best chance to win, be most prepared and lower the house edge in any legal way. Embrace the Math, not the myth.
RESOURCES FOR SUCCESS
The Wizard off Odds – “if you’re going to gamble you should have the best information possible so you can have the best chances of winning, and can minimize your losses if you do lose.” Such is the philosophy Michael Shackelford (who is) The Wizard of Odds website. Included at this exclusive site are essential topics like Odds & Strategies, Video Poker game simulators, and various other important gambling information. Especially helpful are the Wizard’s Video Poker Hand Analyzer and strategies for every all sorts of video poker games and variations.
And Now a Word About Our Affiliate
VideoPoker.Com – www.videopoker.com – VideoPoker.com is a legal, non-wagering Web site
No gambling takes place on VideoPoker.com. People play and practice so they can improve their chances of winning in casinos – or just play for fun! There are free contests where people can win cash and prizes, but because the contests are free to enter, it is not considered online gambling. By the way, VideoPoker.Com is an affiliate of NETimeGambling. Play for free by clicking on the banner up on the right. Enjoy the following website offerings:
- In addition to practicing and playing their favorite video poker games, there are other member benefits that keep people coming back to the site including:
- Participating in Free Contests to win cash prizes and merchandise
- Learning more about the games they play and optimal play strategy
- Participating in an active Forum
- Tracking their play over time using Tracking Mode (GOLD members only)
- Real time training using Training Mode (GOLD only)
- Challenging fellow members to individual or group contests (GOLD only)
- Real time chat with fellow GOLD members (GOLD only)
- Playing brand new games before the games hit the casino floors (GOLD only)
- A Players Club that keeps track of their game activity on the site
Find Best Pay Tables Around the Country
Their goal is to provide a complete inventory of the best video poker games available and make that information available for free. They currently cover 448 casinos in the US and Canada.are maintained by volunteer casino monitors and an active community of video poker players who help keep are information up-to-date by sending us updates. This is a free site. and a valuable Video Poker Resource.
Best Apps #1
Video Poker plus HD – free app
- the similar Shuffle Engine as the Video Poker in a real casino.
- the same Pay Table as the Video Poker in a real casino
- the similar graphical user interface as the Video Poker in a real casino
- Game Center for your ranking.
- The Max Cash is $400,000,000.00
- You can play 10 games.
– Jacks or Better
– Bonus Poker Deluxe
– Bonus Poker
– Double Bonus Poker
– Aces and Faces Poker
– Royal Aces Bonus Poker
– Triple Bonus Poker Plus
– Super Aces Bonus Poker
– White HOT Aces
– Deuces Wild
This isn’t just a game. This is a simulator for Video Poker.
Best Apps #2
WinPoker by ZAMZOW $9.99
I feel this is the best $10.00 investment for anyone who wants to improve their VP skills.
- Learn how to correctly play video poker. Single play, triple play, 5 play and 10 play options that can be played with all of the 31 included video poker games!. Change modes from the options screen, or just swipe up to pull up 3, 5 or 10 hands or swipe down to take it back down.
- You can also create any game you want by changing the pay table of one of the built in games. You can also run a game analysis for any pay table created. This is especially helpful if you play in a casino that doesn’t have good pay tables.
- 31 video poker variations – Highlighting some best known video poker games like: All American, Bonus Poker, Double Bonus, Double Double Bonus, Double Jackpot, Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild, Joker Poker – Kings or Better, Joker Wild – (Atlantic City) 5K Jackpot, just to name a few.
- Three Different Modes of Play **Auto-hold** WinPoker holds the correct play for you. **Warn** You hold the cards and WinPoker alerts you if your hold is not the play that has the highest expected return, or **No mode** Use this mode to duplicate the Casino experience. You play just as you would in a casino only now, you can stop and view the session and check to see if you made any errors. (You don’t have that luxury in a Casino)
- Statistics show your wins, losses, total hands played, errors, the magnitude of those errors and what those errors potentially could cost you in cash!
I suggest two:
Frugal Video Poker was written by Jean Scott and Viktor Nacht and was published in 2006. This book is intended for any audience whether you’re looking to prolong your time in the casinos. The authors introduce you to the basics of the game and paytables, how to identify good and bad paytables and which strategies to use based on the machines. They also cover tournaments, progressives, and promotions.
Bob Dancer’s “Video Poker for Winners” $49.95
With this software on your home computer, you can learn at home by playing the most popular casino games right from your desktop. It includes Master winning strategies, bankroll and comp calculators, And much much more! If you go the Video Poker for Winners Website, you can sign up for a free trial.
BEST STRATEGY CARDS
When you are ready to head for the casino to play you can take your strategy chart along with you. When you are dealt a hand that you are unsure of, you can look up the proper play on your strategy chart. A strategy card will show you the correct way to play each hand that you are dealt. By following the cards advice you will keep the hand that offers the highest possible return. Two of the best are Zamzow’s BDPWinpoker software and strategy cards generated from Tomski’s VPSM Video Poker Strategy Master. You can buy excellent cards at Bob Dancer’s site as well. These cards are acceptable to use in the casino, so take them with you!