So, your friend or family member offers to take you to a casino for your very first time. But, never having been before, you haven’t a clue about what to do when you get there. So, here are 16 Casino Do’s and Don’ts to enjoy your recreational visit to the casino.
Bankroll, Game Rules and Rewards Club
1) Know how much money you can wager and lose. Yes, that’s right, lose. Know your Bankroll. Approach it as entertainment first. Remember, if you’re not an Advantage Player looking to make a living, it’s recreation.
2) Know the rules of the games you might play. If you can, get a free app on your smart phone or tablet and play a little before you go.
3) Decide if your trip is for gambling only, or it’s to enjoy all that the casino experience can offer. You can spend sometime dining, shopping or watching live entertainment. These are good activities too. Just don’t gamble in casinos to make your trip productive.
4) Sign up for a rewards card. You may get a free slot play bonus, or get freebies for eats later on. You could get free tickets to a concert, and if you play enough to raise your level of card, you could get additional things from a special parking area for your card level, to entrance into a VIP lounge.
5) Be contented with small casino wins. First timers usually lose more in casinos. Breaking even in casinos is generally considered a win.
Casino Do’s and Don’ts – Online Resources
6) Check the local newspaper for advertisements, or check the web on the best deals in casinos. NETimeGambling often lists promotions and New England casino news on Twitter and Facebook. Sign-up bonuses, double points, giveaways, dining deals – they’re all for the taking. Go where the whole experience will be great, not just the gambling.
7) Don’t believe in superstitions like “hot machines” or “it must be time my luck changed’ or, “surely it can’t be red again” because each bet is an event of it’s own, with no connection to the previous event. As soon as you realize this, the easier it will be for you to understand the gambling experience. Repeat after me – “The House has the advantage.” Good! Now go out there and enjoy it, win or lose. Be prepared ahead of time and be knowledgeable.
8) Do drink alcohol responsibly when gambling. Excessive alcohol will inevitably cause you to accept losing beyond a “healthy situation.” This is a major consideration for the 16 casino do’s and don’ts that only you must monitor and be responsible for.
9) Do Bring a watch and your cell phone. Casinos show no clocks, and don’t provide windows Wrist devices like FitBit or Apple Watches can signal you with incoming messages by vibrations or sounds that you can feel or hear above the cacophony of noise in the casino and prove invaluable.
Be Aware Of the Little Things
10) Casinos convert your cash into chips at the tables. Simply said, this is so you lose the sense that this is really money. Remember chips ARE money.
Non-smoking, Tipping, and pictures
15) Carry dollar bills for tips. In most casinos, complimentary beverages are served, but the wait staff is usually expecting a small tip.
Related Post – Tips on Tipping