Nine years ago, I made a list of Great Gambling Books. It was a shortlist of books I enjoyed and have in my personal gambling library. Since then, good gambling resources are everywhere. On-line, audio-books, and yes, the old paper books are available to give your gambling experience a boost. This is by no means complete, but it’s a good start for gambling resources. Here is a keeper – A List of the Best Gambling Books
- THE BASICS OF WINNING CRAPS by J. Edward Allen – This is a short, no-nonsense, no filler book that teaches you what you need to know to play the game
- FOREVER CRAPS or CASINO CRAPS SHOOT TO WIN by Frank Scoblete
Mr. Scoblete has numerous gambling books, especially craps related. These two give you a nice overview of the game.
- BLACKJACK TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN BY Henry Tamburin
- THE BIG BOOK OF BLACKJACK by Arnold Snyder
CARD COUNTING (BJ)
- BLACKJACK BLUEBOOK II by Fred Renzey Proven method to beat the game in an easy to understand format.
- GOLDEN TOUCH BLACKJACK REVOLUTION by Frank Scoblete. A radically different method for counting that can be learned in a day.
- BEAT THE DEALER by Edward Thorp – the ultimate guide to card counting
- JOHN PATRICK’S ROULETTE: A Pro’s GUIDE TO MANAGING YOUR MONEY AND BEATING THE WHEEL.
The wheel cannot be beaten, but Mr. Patrick’s “Big Four and Little three” are valuable in any casino game.
- WHALE HUNT IN THE DESERT: SECRETS OF A LAS VEGAS SUPER HOST by Steve Cyr
A reminder that your host is NOT your friend. (Get the newer edition.)
- COMP CITY by May Rubin – Somewhat dated, but interesting stories/info
- The FRUGAL GAMBLER by Jean Scott – Again, Somewhat dated, but good advice from the Queen of Comps.
- HOW TO BE TREATED LIKE A HIGH ROLLER ..EVEN THOUGH YOU’RE NOT By Robert Renneisen
Somewhat dated by interesting stories/info written by a former AC casino manager.
GENERAL GAMBLING BOOKS
- CASINO GAMBLING FOR DUMMIES by Kevin Blackwood
- GAMBLING101 & GAMBLING 102 by Michael Shackelford
- THE CASINO ANSWER BOOK by John Grochowski
- SCARNE’S NEW COMPLETE GUIDE to GAMBLING by John Scarne
- THE BOARD WALKERS by Fredrick Schofield. An Atlantic City Based Novel
- MEGA CASINO THE 13th CASINO by Fredrick Schofield Atlantic City Based. Some characters from the author’s previous book, reemerge.
- GOD DOSENT SHOOT CRAPS – A DIVINE COMEDY by Richard Armstrong
- DICE ANGEL by Brian Rouff
- FOOLS DIE by Mario Puzo
- THE PROFESSOR, the BANKER, and the SUICIDE KING – a window on the exciting world of high stakes Poker and the characters that play.
- 24/7: LIVING IT UP AND DOUBLING DOWN IN LAS VEGAS by Andres Martinez
The author used his book advance on a Las Vegas Gambling spree
- SUPER CASINO: INSIDE THE “NEW” LAS VEGAS by Pete Earley
Published in 2001, it details the changes to form early Las Vegas to 2000
- The MAN WITH THE $100,000 BREASTS and OTHER GAMBLING STORIES by Michael Konik
- ROLL THE BONES: THE HISTORY OF GAMBLING by David G Schwartz
SHARP SPORTS BETTING by STANFORD WONG
What are your suggestions? Let us know. Gambling destinations? Travel suggestions? Video Poker and Poker? Baccarat? What would your list look like? What are your suggestions? Let us know. Send it to us, and we’ll publish it for you!
Related Post – 15 Casino Do’s and Don’ts For the Recreational Gambler