Here is Part Two of our look at New England Casino Rewards Players Clubs, including the future casinos in Massachusetts. In the 7 New England Casinos, we have 6 distinct Slot/Rewards clubs two of which are under Penn National’s Marquee Rewards – Hollywood Bangor in Maine, and Plainridge Park in Massachusetts. For more on Marquee Rewards, click on Marquee Rewards at Plainridge Park and Hollywood Bangor
Mohegan Sun has five tiers (levels) now – Core, Ignite, Leap, Ascend & Soar – to their Momentum Rewards Club.
Here are some basics for Mohegan Sun’s Momentum Club. Statistics are based personal experience and research, vpFree2, and Mohegan Sun’s Momentum website:
IMPORTANT NOTE for VIDEO POKER PLAYERS: ALL FULL PAY VP MACHINES DO NOT EARN PLAYERS CLUB POINTS! Check for a small white placard on each machine displaying FULL PAY, NOT ELIGIBLE.
Video Poker stats – $390 – $550 coin-in = 1 status point ; short-pay VP earns Momentum Dollars
Approximately $167 coin-in on slots = 1 point
Marketing Comps: Yes
Discretionary Comps: Yes
Points Expire: After 1 year of inactivity
Slot club day runs from: 6:00AM to 6:00AM
You can spend Momentum Dollars at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut, Mohegan Sun Pocono in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania and Resorts Casino Hotel in Atlantic City. You can’t accrue Momentum points at Resorts.
Momentum Club perks by level include:
- The Core status card is the initial card and free of charge. It has many basic benefits associated with it, such as free slot play, and is available to all guests over 21. If you sign up as a new card holder online, you can receive a special offer of free slot play. Click HERE for more to fill out the form.
- The Ignite status card is available to guests who earn 400 Status Points during the six-month qualifying period. Guests who earn Ignite status will have all of the associated benefits that the Ignite status card offers. Ignite members will be given 50 Choice Credits each month with which they can design their stay based on their interests while visiting Mohegan Sun.
- The Leap status card is available to guests who earn 600 Status Points during the six month qualifying period. Guests who earn Leap status will have all of the associated benefits that the Leap status card offers. Leap members will be given 200 Choice Credits each month with which they can design their stay based on their interests while visiting Mohegan Sun.
- The Ascend status card is available to guests who earn 1,400 Status Points during the six-month qualifying period. Guests who earn Ascend status will have all of the associated benefits that an Ascend member receives. Ascend members will be given 800 Choice Credits each month with which they can design their stay based on their interests while visiting Mohegan Sun.
- The Soar status card is available to guests who earn 4,000 Status Points during the six month qualifying period. Guests who earn Soar status will have all of the associated benefits that a Soar member receives. This card level does not have Choice Credits. Soar members have full access to all of the benefits that are received by using Choice Credits without having to manage a set amount of Choice Credits each month.
- Qualifying periods are the same, April through September
- As you elevate your Status, Momentum Dollar Accelerators will kick in to boost your Momentum Dollar earning rate. Ignite, Leap, Ascend, & Soar boosts status points 10%, 15%, 20%, and 25% respectively.
- There is no opportunity for spending to earn points or status.
- Mohegan Sun has an inflexible policy concerning “non-gambling” days. If you use your momentum dollars for dining or drinks, if you take advantage of any offer comped to you, and if you swipe your card in a kiosk without gambling, Mohegan Sun counts it as a “non-gambling” day. This means it is used to diminish your Average Daily Theoretical which calculates what comps you will be offered. Be smart with what perks you use and when.
- Advantages: Ascend and Soar members may park in our Riverview garage, and Leap, Ascend and Soar members may park in the Indian Summer garage.
- When you play at a higher rate, you will earn more Status Points and Status Points are how you move up to a higher Status Card level. Many times throughout the 6-month period, triple and double multiplier days are offered to boost your status even faster.
STATUS POINTS, MOMENTUM DOLLARS & CHOICE CREDITS
- Momentum Dollars are spendable at any of the shops or restaurants. These dollars are earned by gaming. One Momentum Dollar is equivalent to one dollar when using them for purchase in any of our shops or restaurants. This is for ALL amenities.
- Status Points are earned through gaming and determine which card level members fall into. Status Points, unlike Momentum Dollars, are earned at the same rate throughout every card level.
- Choice Credits are complimentary credits that are given to Ignite, Leap and Ascend members each month. Ignite members will receive 50 Choice Credits each month, Leap members will receive 200 Choice Credits each month and Ascend members will receive 800 Choice Credits each month. Choice Credits can be used for VIP lounge access, Seasons Buffet entry, hotel stays, scooter rentals, gaming exchanges (available to Leap and Ascend members only) and Arena tickets.
That’s all for now.