Ok, so you can’t buy those things those things, but here are gift suggestions you can buy for the gambler in your life:
- Casino Gift Cards – most casinos offer gift cards. These gift cards could be used for such things as dining, clothing, drinks, show tickets, but they can’t be used for gambling purposes, such as slots, table games, or any gaming wagers and are not usually redeemable for cash. Click on all seven New England Casino websites in our menu to see gift card offers.
- Casino Gift Cards Outside of New England – Any gambling destination (Viva Las Vegas!) will have gift cards available at many types of venues. The best places to start would be the industry leaders – MGM, Caesars, Stations, Wynn, and Boyd to name a few.
- Zazzle – an online company with thousands of products to “let you add your personal touch to any part of your life.” they have hundreds of Gambler’s Gifts. Click on Zazzle and check it out. Some gift ideas include neck ties, shirts, mugs, hats, and assorted gambling items, most of which you can personalize. A similar online shopping site with gambler’s gifts is CafePress.
- A Framed Print – For anyone who loves Las Vegas, frame a picture of your gambler’s favorite hotel, or view of Las Vegas.
A picture of the Las Vegas Strip, or Downtown Las Vegas. Maybe a historic canvas, or even one of “Old Blue Eyes” himself, Frank Sinatra. If you have that picture of his/her first jackpot or royal flush, frame it in a small little frame for a stocking stuffer.
- Jewelry – yes, from cufflinks and money clips, to ear rings and necklaces. Ever heard of Etsy? They are a newer company that has an array of gifts for gamblers, including lots of designer “bobbles & beads” for the well dressed gambler of either gender. They also have patents for printing, such as a vintage slot machine on a T-shirt. Check them out HERE
- Speaking of Stocking Stuffers – key chains, rewards card holders, little hand sanitizers, smart phone charger…..anything that will fit in a Christmas stocking! Be creative. How about a roll of 5 $1 bills to tip the servers at the tables or the machines. Of course, the Scratch Off Card is a great stocking stuffer, but a little low on the creative side. Let your creative juices flow with stocking-stuffers.
- Feel Good Gifts – Many of the bigger casino resorts have spas where a gift card can be purchased for a massage, or any other relaxing treatments. Give your gambler a chance to get out of the hustle & bustle of the casino and enjoy a wellness break.
- A Magazine Subscription – Casino Player covers the entire country and has articles that touch every facet of gambling, including travel and destinations. Slot Player, an affiliate of the same company, does the same, but with more of a slant toward slot players. Both can be found here. For poker/card players, Bluff, Card Player, and WPT Poker are great resources.
- Buying for Table Games Players / Home Poker Players – Whether it’s a steal on Ebay, an overlay at Kohls, or a real expensive RUSTIC POKER TABLE table at Americana Poker Tables, there’s a price for everyone.
Finally, a great website for anytime of the year is the Gamblers General Store. It’s the Worlds Largest Casino Supply Superstore with Gaming Equipment and Supplies, Playing Cards, Casino Dice and Cards, Custom Clay Poker and Casino Chips, Money Wheels, Prize Wheels, Raffle Drums, Poker Cards and Tables, Bingo Supplies, Books, Clothing, Souvenirs and More!
So, have fun buying for the gambler in your life. I hope this helps you get ideas started. Happy Holidays!