Here are Family Friendly Attractions for that Family Staycation.
FOXWOODS FINTASTIC PACKAGE
Enjoy all that the Mystic Aquarium has to offer with this FINTASTIC package!
Discover fish and invertebrates from around the world in their Main Exhibit Gallery. Head over to see the ONLY Beluga Whales in New England! Visit the adorable African Penguins in the Roger Troy Peterson Penguin Exhibit. The Mystic Aquarium has everything you need for a fun family outing!
Starting at $279 at the Fox Tower
- Deluxe room at Grand Pequot, Great Cedar or the Fox Tower
- Two non-expiring admissions to the Mystic Aquarium
- Breakfast buffet for two at Veranda Café
- Valid through April 27, 2017
- Valid Sunday – Thursday
Call 1-800-442-1000 for reservations.
Pequot Museum – Opening Wednesday, March 29 for the 2017 Season
The Mashantucket Pequot Museum & Research Center will reopen for the 2017 season on March 29. The world’s largest Native American museum launches its 19th season with exciting, one-of-a-kind offerings including a newly curated contemporary art exhibition, ethnobotanical gardens on our green roof, new menu offerings, a program exploring the secret lives of owls and so much more.
MUSEUM HOURS: The Pequot Museum is open to visitors Wednesday – Saturday from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm with the last admission at 4:00 pm. In November we are open Tuesday – Saturday from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm with the last admission at 4:00 pm.
RESTAURANT HOURS: Open from 11:00 am until 4:00 pm and no reservations are necessary.
THE WITNESS VIEWING HOURS: The Witness is a 30-minute, 70-mm film, graphically dramatizes the events surrounding the Pequot War and starts at 10:30 and plays every 45 minutes. The schedule is as follows: 10:30 am, 11:15 am, 12:00 pm, 12:45 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:15 pm, 3:00 pm, 3:45 pm is the last showing.Prices Per Person
Adults $20 Seniors (65+) $15 College Students (with ID) $15 Youth (6-17) $12 Child (under 6)/Member Free Exhibit Highlights Tour Available at 2:00 pm $5
High Rollers Luxury Bowling Lanes
Hours: Monday – Thursday5:00pm – 10:00pm; Friday5:00pm – 11:00am; Saturday, 12:00pm – 11:00pm ; Sunday12:00pm – 10:00pm
Full Menu, Sunday – Thursday: Open – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: Open – 11:00pm
Click here for weekly specials
Sporting Events – Connecticut Sun (WNBA) & New England Black Wolves in the Mohegan Arena.
Kids Quest is a child’s paradise. Kids Quest at Mohegan Sun is the place to be for any child from 6 weeks to 12 years old. Kids can have an adventure of a lifetime with a variety of activities to do during their visit.
Cyber Quest is a well-lit, professionally supervised arcade offering the latest non-violent arcade games for guests of all ages (an adult must accompany children under 12 years). Staff members professionally supervise the center, and they are available to assist children in finding games well-suited for them. The arcade features a challenging assortment of video and arcade games for enthusiasts and novices alike, with an ever-changing video lineup. Our arcades consistently provide the latest and greatest ticket, crane, and video games. There is no fee to enter Cyber Quest.
TWIN RIVER, LINCOLN RI Area
Lincoln Woods State Park – Nestled between routes 146 and routes 123 , Lincoln Woods State Park is one of Blackstone Valley’s great treasures. A short ride from Providence, Pawtucket, and Cumberland, it is a popular get away for northeastern Rhode Islanders. Visitors can enjoy swimming at the fresh water beach, trout fishing, playing ball, hiking, jogging, horseback riding, or just relaxing under a shade tree. A new covered bridge at the Breakneck Hill entrance has been dedicated in the spring of 2005.
NEWPORT, RI Area
1. CLIFF WALK – Experience Cliff Walk as this 3.5-mile path that traces the edge of the sea and is one of the most beloved “things to do” throughout New England. Whether you’re a casual walker, a mansion gawker, a long-distance runner, a hobby photographer, a dog walker or an international jetsetter, you’ll fall in love with this awe-inspiring place.
2. FORT ADAMS – Though home to the world renowned Newport Folk Festival, Newport Jazz Festival, premier sailing events and killer views of Newport Harbor, Fort Adams State Park is also home to Fort Adams, the largest coastal fortification in the U.S. Step back in time as you trek the maze of underground tunnels and visit the quarters where officers and their families lived more than a century ago. Here you’ll find over 180 years of American history and military culture all within the walls of this architectural and engineering feat.
3. MANSIONS – See more than a dozen legendary mansions and get an insider’s look at how America’s wealthiest Gilded Age families spent their summers. The Breakers (famous for being the grand Vanderbilt home), Rosecliff(The Great Gatsby starring Robert Redford and Mia Farrow was filmed here) and Rough Point (the home of Doris Duke) are just some highlights. Don’t forget Bristol’s stunning Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum and historic Linden Place.
4. EAST BAY BIKE PATH – Whether you walk, run, bike or snowshoe all or part of the scenic 14.5 mile Easy Bay Bike Path, you’re in for a treat. Extending from Bristol to Providence, this wide, welcoming and unobstructed path weaves through coves and marshes, over bridges and through gorgeous Colt State Park.
5. SAILING – Ready? Set? SAIL! Some accuse Newporters of having saltwater running through their veins and as the sailing capital of the world, it might just be true. Sailing is part of the very fabric of this coastal city. Raceon an authentic America’s Cup-winning 12 meter yacht, sit back on an impressive 70+ foot three-masted schooner, sip local libations on a lobster boat, get cozy on a sleek sailboat—get your sea legs on the vessel that’s just right for you.
Hollywood Hotel & Casino, Bangor Area
Maine Discovery Museum –
Hours and Rates
School Year Hours:
Tuesday – Saturday: 10:00 – 5:00
Sunday: 12:00 – 5:00
*Closed on Mondays, except for some holidays
*MDM will close early on My Day to Play Sundays
FREE for members!
$7.50 general admission
*Visitors age 12 months and under free
The First Eastern National Park
People have been drawn to the rugged coast of Maine throughout history. Awed by its beauty and diversity, early 20th-century visionaries donated the land that became Acadia National Park. The park is home to many plants and animals, and the tallest mountain on the U.S. Atlantic coast. Today visitors come to Acadia to hike granite peaks, bike historic carriage roads, or relax and enjoy the scenery.
More in store for our next edition. In the mean time, enjoy your family stay-cation.