While we don’t tend to cover news in Atlantic City, NETimeGambling.com does like to visit. Of late, all three of us – Bin, Bert & Miguel – will have had the “Fly Borgata Experience.” We love Borgata, and hope it stays the same, since MGM recently bought out Boyd Gaming and now owns 100% of Borgata. I, personally have also enjoyed the old days in Atlantic City – The Sands, The Claridge, and the AC Hilton. Fun times at Bally’s Wild Wild West, and even up to the opening of Revel.
Times have changed radically from the years of being the East Coast answer to Las Vegas. To keep up with the latest news in AC, I also follow a great website/podcast called “Due For A Win.” It covers Atlantic City casinos, from the closings to the recent news of Hard Rock buying the Taj Mahal. Their Facebook group, which I also recommend, is a wealth of knowledge for the AC newbie and the AC regular. The following recommended list is from a member of the “Due For A Win” Facebook Community. With his permission (he only wants to be known as @Scan720 , here they are.
- THE BASICS OF WINNING CRAPS by J. Edward Allen – This is a short no nonsense, no filler, book that teaches you what you need to Know to play the game
- FOREVER CRAPS or CASINO CRAPS SHOOT TO WIN by Frank Scoblete
Mr. Scoblete has numerous gambling books especially craps related. These two give you a nice overview of the game
- BLACKJACK TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN BY Henry Tamburin
- THE BIG BOOK OF BLACKJACK by Arnold Snyder
CARD COUNTING (BJ)
- BLACKJACK BLUEBOOK II by Fred Renzey Proven method to beat the game in an easy to understand format.
- GOLDEN TOUCH BLACKJACK REVOLUTION by Frank Scoblete. A radically different method to counting that can be learned in a day.
- JOHN PATRICK’S ROULETTE: A Pro’s GUIDE TO MANAGING YOUR MONEY AND BEATING THE WHEEL.
The wheel cannot be beat but Mr. Patrick’s “Big Four and Little three” are valuable in any casino game.
- WHALE HUNT IN THE DESERT: SECRETS OF A LAS VEGAS SUPER HOST by Steve Cyr
A reminder that your host is NOT your friend. (Get the newer edition.)
- COMP CITY by May Rubin Somewhat dated by interesting stories/info
- HOW TO BE TREATED LIKE A HIGH ROLLER ..EVEN THOUGH YOU’RE NOT by Robert Renneisen
Somewhat dated by interesting stories/info written by a former AC casino manager
GENERAL GAMBLING BOOKS
- CASINO GAMBLING FOR DUMMIES by Kevin Blackwood
- GAMBLING101 by Michael Shackelford
- THE BOARD WALKERS by Fredrick Schofield. An Atlantic City Based Novel
- MEGA CASINO THE 13th CASINO by Fredrick Schofield Atlantic City Based. Some characters form the authors previous book reemerge.
- GOD DOSENT SHOOT CRAPS – A DIVINE COMEDY by Richard Armstrong
- DICE ANGEL by Brian Rouff
- FOOLS DIE by Mario Puzo
- 24/7: LIVING IT UP AND DOUBLING DOWN IN LAS VEGAS by Andres Martinez
The author used his book advance on a Las Vegas Gambling spree
- SUPER CASINO:INSIDE THE “NEW” LAS VEGAS by Pete Earley
Published in 2001, details the changes form early Las Vegas to the 2000
What are your suggestions? Let us know.
Gambling destinations? Travel suggestions? Video Poker and Poker? Baccarat? What would your list look like. Send it to us and we’ll publish it for you!
Don’t forget to check out “Due for a Win.”