A table games promo has already started at Foxwoods. It features learning some tables games – some old, some new – but all considered “carnival” games or “novelty games. There are serious table games that have withstood the test of time – Blackjack, for example. A little history first concerning Blackjack before we get to the Foxwoods Promo…..
Did you know:
- Blackjack can be traced back to Europe shortly after the first standardized decks of cards were printed in 1440 by Johann Gutenberg.
- Probably the closest predecessor to blackjack was a French game called Vingt-Un (which translated means “Twenty-One”).
- The first record of Twenty One being played in a gambling hall came from Evansville, Indiana.
- Twenty One wasn’t being played as much as the owners of the gambling halls wanted. So in an effort to increase its popularity gambling halls offered various bonuses and higher payouts. One of the most popular was a payout for hands that had an Ace of Spades and a black Jack (club or spade). A player with that hand would automatically receive ten times what they bet and it became known as the blackjack hand. The game’s popularity increased rapidly and the name stuck!
That’s a very abridged history of blackjack from VegasJourney.com So, what does this have to do with the new Novelty Games Promo at Foxwoods?
It shows that the introduction of games in a casino takes time to generate a following. The table game of Texas Holdem’ became a popular casino “carnival game” only after the popularity of Texas Holdem in the poker Tournament craze in the late 1990’s – 2007. Other poker-based games started to be scene as novelty games – Caribbean Stud, Mississippi Stud, 3 Card Poker, 4 Card Poker, etc. Some games have fallen out of favor, such as Let It Ride. Wouldn’t it be great to be able to play the most popular “Novelty” Table games without some of the intimidation at the table.
(CUE “Foxwoods Novelty Game Promo)
Well, you can!
Introduction to Novelty Games
- Earn one point playing Slots, Table Games, Bingo, Keno, Poker or Race Book and you’ll be eligible to play in our Intro to Novelty Games Tournaments.
- A new game will be introduced each week! Games will include Crazy Four Poker, Caribbean Stud Poker, Criss Cross, Let it Ride, Three Card Poker and Texas Hold ‘Em.
- Each day you play a novelty game, you have a chance to win up to $250 CASH!
- Check Foxwoods for each scheduled game of the week.
But that’s not all at Foxwoods. The “Wonder of It All” is offering FREE gaming lessons on the Fox Tower gaming floor, Saturday & Sunday from 3-5PM, to learn how to play old standard table games Roulette, Craps and Blackjack.
Remember, Foxwoods offers the only $1 Blackjack ($.25 commission) in New England.
Cya at the tables!