Foxwoods announced earlier this month their new Rewards Club. According to Foxwoods, “The New Foxwoods Rewards Program accelerates you to higher tiers faster than ever, for more recognition and more rewards.” Well let’s take a quick peek at it.
At first glance, it seems to be structured similar to Mohegan Sun’s Momentum program. The biggest difference between the two was that Foxwoods could give out discretionary rewards on your play while, according to one host I asked, “the hosts have no control over the algorithm that is used for Momentum rewards, such as free slot play and show tickets.” But it seems Foxwoods is now following a similar route.
- Foxwoods will now be using tier points and rewards points. What’s the difference? Well, like Mohegan Sun’s Momentum points, tier points are those points earned during play that refer to your play – time, cash-in, denomination, etc. Foxwoods will be introducing new Tier Card Status, Tier Credits, Tier Benefits and Monthly Choice Benefits. More research will be done to get more specifics on this. Your rewards credits are the same reward credits you earn to use to pay for your buffet, drinks, restaurants, shows etc – anything you would use rewards points for instead cash.
- MONTHLY CHOICE BENEFITS – allowing our loyal Gold, Platinum and Diamond Members to select a benefit of their CHOICE monthly! Choose between your choice of Bonus Slot Play, Free Bet or Rewards Points Accelerator: BONUS SLOT PLAY: GOLD-$75, PLATINUM-$150, DIAMOND-$300 / FREE BET GOLD-$75, PLATINUM-$150, DIAMOND-$300 / POINT ACCELERATOR GOLD-15% Slots/ 30% Tables Games, PLATINUM-20% Slots/ 30% Tables Games, DIAMOND-30% Slots/ 30% Tables
- ALREADY A MEMBER? – your previous status, level and points have already been changed over. All you have to do is pick up a new card.
- NEW CARD PROMO! – Every Saturday in October you will have your chance to win $500 Bonus Slot Play. Foxwoods will draw one winner each hour between 9PM and 1AM on Saturday, October1, 8, 15, 22 & 29. Drop any old Foxwoods Rewards card from any year in the raffle drum on the Retail Concourse. $500 BONUS SLOT PLAY will automatically be entered into each winner’s account, IF WINNER IS PRESENT THE PRIZE IS DOUBLED.
- TIER POINT EARNING – It seems your tier credits are earned through your reward credit play. It is unusual for a casino to be so forthright with information like this: If you play Bingo, 1 Reward Point = 1 Tier Point; if you play Table Games, 1 Reward Point – 2 Tier points; and if you play, Slots, Poker, Keno or Racebook, the 1 Reward Point = 4 Tier Points. However, what is difficult to know is how much in for 1 reward point. According to VPFree2, $340 coin in = 1 reward credit for video poker and $170 coin in = 1 reward credit on Slot Machines based on previous club.
The new Foxwoods Rewards looks very interesting. While discretionary comps may be long gone, you will be able to see what you are earning and what your status is.
Let’s hope that 2X or 3X Tier point days are also in the future.