1) Subscribe to one of the best Craps & Home Poker Site called “YOU CAN BET ON THAT” then
2) Start listening to all the podcasts……simple
Really, Mark & Dr. Mike are two guys that you would want to just stand at a craps table with. Each has similar styles, but different bankroll managements. One thing they share is that they are great guys. So, in a salute to their next 100 podcasts and a new logo, here is a previous post from last year.
Table Games can be PRET-TY intimidating at times. Not only HOW to play, but what to do and not to do when you do play.
One of my new favorite podcasts I listen to is “You Can Bet On That.” I have mentioned these two great guys previously on a post about Comps and your Average2 Daily Theoretical Gambling.” Their podcasts have a friendly atmosphere, and not patronizing or explicit like some podcasts. They call themselves a Podcast for the Recreational Gambler. These two guys from California present a podcast that is interesting and entertaining for those of us who are beginners, knowledgeable recreational gamblers and everybody in between – whether you bring a large amount or small amount for your recreational visit. Mark & Dr. Mike experience & expertise seem to lie in craps and home poker games, but they cover everything from the latest gaming news to questions about any games you may play.
I recently called them and asked for some basic knowledge of the true beginner at craps. In their usual jovial way, they listed the following things to be aware of as a first-timer:
- You can play from any empty spot at the craps table.
- Have your money out, and place on the table – you can’t hand it directly to the dealer.
- Give the full amount of your buy-in at that initial time. Don’t ask for change! Wait until they push your chips back to you.
- Put your money in the “rails” around the table. (A personal aside – watch your chips. Not everyone is as honest as you would hope, especially at a busy table.)
- Good etiquette in not to buy-in during a hand, or while the shooter is still shooting after the “point” has been established.
- Place your bet, for example the pass line, right in front of you.
How do you bet? That’s a topic for other posts. All I know is that it always seems that the most fun in the casino by a group is at the craps table.
Also at their website “You Can Bet On That” Todd Gades offered a free book called “How a Math Nerd Plays Craps.” It’s a great book I’m reading now that gives strategy that just might stretch your bankroll a bit more than usual and also gives a bit of a primer on the game. I’m not going to offer a link because I would like you to click on the “You Can Bet On That” link here or in our menu with other gambling links. Todd can be reached on Twitter @YoEleven_
That’s all for now.