I remember in the late early 90’s visiting the Foxwoods Tribal Bingo Hall only once. Rumors of the casino becoming a reality flew around southeastern Connecticut at the time. That night I noticed plastic covering parts of ceilings and walls, construction had begun – indeed, New England was about to have it’s first casino.
On the Mashantucket Pequot Indian Reservation, Foxwoods was founded in 1986 as a bingo hall. In 1992, the Mashantucket Pequot Tribe, the casino’s owner, added table games and slot machines.
This month is their 24th Anniversary. Foxwoods is celebrating with plenty of events and promotions. Here are the offerings for the entire month.:
4th Annual Cake Cutting and Anniversary Celebration February 15th at 2 p.m. on the Retail Concourse.
Gambling Promotions include:
- $30,000 Daily Slot Tournaments
- $30,000 Daily Blackjack Tournaments
- $240,000 24-Karat Gold Cash Bonusing – win up to $240,000 instantly!
Dining offers include $24 menus at:
- Al Dente
- Golden Dragon
- Cedars Restaurant
- VUE 24
Retail & Spa Opportunities include:
- 24% towards matching tattoos at King Ink
- To honor the 24-karat gold anniversary of Foxwoods, the Norwich Spawill offer you to come and enjoy our fantastic Jane Iredale Mineral Skincare Makeup Line. We will add ‘golden’ touch colors to your make up. You may choose from golden foundation; golden blush or some golden touch to your eye makeup.
- Enjoy a 24% discount off of Jane Iredale Skincare Makeup line, with the purchase of $50 or more from the line.
- 24% discount on Liquid GOLD Serum at the Norwich Spa with any 50-minute facial.
For more information, go to Foxwoods Anniversary.
Foxwoods also includes different opportunities than just gambling, hotel amenities and dining. The High Roller Bowling And Lounge is great way to celebrate any event with its upscaled bowling lanes and lounge. And don’t forget one of the best Native American Museums in the country at the The Mashantucket Pequot Museum & Research Center. Unfortunately it is closed for the winter months to the general public, but will open up once again on April 1 to kick-off our 2016 season.
Be part of the celebration, and check out “The Wonder of it All.”