I have to admit, this is the 4th time I have tried to do a review of Southeastern CT’s newest and best sports bar / restaurant. The other three times just didn’t get finished because there is just too much to say about this place!
Michael Chaney, Managing Creative Director of Cincinnati-based FRCH Design Worldwide, whose firm is designing the restaurant, “This location will be like no other restaurant and sports bar this region of the country has ever seen – we are bringing a design that represents the ‘best of the best’ of the current Arooga’s locations.”
The restaurant boasts 100 televisions as well as Arooga’s extensive menu with signature wings and more than 40 beers on draft. In addition, the restaurant is certified green and has stadium seating – that’s right, stadium seating. On the restaurant side, the tables are in tiers for maximum viewing on the large screens. BTW, tables also have their own screen and video center.
Here are some more of the many things Arooga’s 32 offers:
- Certified Green restaurant – Arooga’s Grille House & Sports Bar has taken many steps to achieve Green Restaurant Association certiﬁcation, and is committed to signiﬁcantly lowering our environmental impact to become a model of environmental responsibility within the restaurant industry.
- Gluten Free – their locations are CERTIFIED GLUTEN FREE by the National Foundation for CeliacAwareness, and that our kitchen staﬀ is trained in gluten free handling and preparation
- Mixed Drinks – Besides their great beer menu, the cocktail menu is very different and interesting, such as the Mango Aroogarita, or the three types of “mules” served with ginger beer in a copper mug.
- Buzz Time – play trivia from your seat, during your meal, or with your entire group.
- An exciting and varied menu, highlighted by their award winning wings sauces.
- The Ghost Face Challenge – $20 entry fee, five wings in 10 minutes, bathed in their Ghost Face Killa sauce (made from the hottest chilies on earth, the ghost pepper). It’s so hot, you have to sign a waiver! No drink, no condiments. At the end, a shot of milk helps the burn and you get to keep either a winner or loser T-shirt.
- One of the largest, diverse and phenomenal menus I’ve ever seen. You’ve just got to see it to believe it.
The first time I tried the Slider sampler, a great way to get started. The burger was very tasty as they only use Wagyu Kobe beef and the Buffalo Chicken slider had just the right amount of heat, served on a brioche roll. My wife had the Bacon Pretzel Burger which was outstanding, is gluten free, and like all the burgers, comes with a side of their own crispy cut, homemade potato chips. We have also tried the Black and Blue burger and the Jalopena Ghost burger, which you can imagine has some heat and topped with cherry pepper relish.
I would be remiss if I didn’t mention their outstanding waitstaff. Sonia, our first server, was attentive to all our questions and on subsequent visits we found them engaging and knowledgeable about the menu, beer selection, and amenities available.
This is a fun place and you have to get there early – any day or night! Great food & drink with an exciting atmosphere. And good for the whole family.
Make it a destination this month – you won’t regret it.
Situated behind Mohegan Sun just off of RT 32.
That’s all for now.