Here’s a retread, one of my first posts. It was true then, and it’s true now. I just want to reflect on why I like mornings for gambling most of all.
- First and foremost – There’s nobody there! I’m talking 6:00 am. I mean, to hop to any machine, play a little BJ, hit a whole row of Video Poker – it’s just the best. And the quiet is just surreal. The few people who are there either just got up or are looking for breakfast somewhere.
- Beverage service – nothing like black coffee and all the water you want – and not having to wait long to get it.
- Smoke – you can just feel the last remnant of it being cleared before the weekend crowds appear. It’s the crispest air you’ll find at a casino (if anyone can refer to casino air as crisp?) .
- Cleanliness – Machines are wiped down, and there aren’t as many machines to sit down at where you there are ashes all over and/or drink glasses not picked up.
- If it’s a local casino, I get to to leave before the buses and weekend crowds arrive, and I still have the rest of the day.
In Las Vegas it’s even better, because it’s the best time for a walk and can be ANY day. Las Vegas is serene in the morning.