“Retirement is like a long vacation in Las Vegas. The goal is to enjoy it the fullest, but not so fully that you run out of money.” —Jonathan Clements
If you think about it, every time you visit the casino, that’s the goal. To enjoy it the fullest, but not so fully that you deplete your bankroll.
So, today’s blog is a short one. Answer these questions before your next visit to the casino:
1) How long are you going to stay? Decide before you go.
2) If you came on bus, do you have plans on how to spend your free time? (Time without bankroll)
3) If you are ahead on a slot or video poker machine, did you establish a stop value to cash out?
4) If it’s a longer visit that spans over a meal time, do you have a plan for dividing your sessions?
5) Does the allotted time for your visit = your allotted bankroll? In other words, do your time expectations match the $$ you brought? (If not, be careful not to make that ATM your friend)
That’s all for now.