So, I enjoy playing slots as much as the next guy. I love watching and reading about the business of gambling and how slot machines come and go. I love how they entice us, tease us, and play with our senses with color, sound, 3-D images and 4-D technology that makes you feel like you are a part of the action.
I have my favorites – Cashman Betting Zoo & More Chili by Aristocrat, Cleopatra II by IGT, Ruby Ring by WMS, and almost anything Monopoly! But I try the new generation of slots, too.
Now I’m sure that anyone can find a machine that contadicts what I’m about to include. It just shows that there ARE people who actually think about what machine to play instead of mindlessly walking from one machine to another. I welcome any comments on this matter. So, here are a few “binbin-isms” concerning slots:
- One thing to remember is video slots will usually pay more often, but in smaller amounts. 3-reel machines pay fewer times, but usually in a larger amount. It evens out – it just depends what you enjoy.
- For the most part, any slot (not including VP Progressives) with a progressive pays out a lower percentage because of the higher take needed by the casino to cover the progressive. It comes down to how much fun and recreation do you want to pay for.
- BANKROLL – determine how you are going to manage your bankroll for that night and then stick to that plan! For example, ” I am bringing $$ amount of money and I hope to play for ??? hours.” If your bankroll goes south quickly, walk to different parts of the casino, or ask for a drink – then relax while waiting. A walk is always good to get your mind more energized.
- If my bankroll is going slowly or if I’m winning, I try not to play faster. And if you hit something good (small jackpot, good bonus), remember it could happen again. So, don’t be so quick to get up. But again, it just doesn’t matter.
- Remember the RNG doesn’t have a memory – each push of the button is it’s own entity in time. And hot and cold streaks are just perceived by us humans to make us thing we actually have some understanding and control. Give that up – you have no control!
- If you can’t afford the maximum bet on one machine, switch to a machine with fewer reels or a lower denomination so that you can still be in the running for the jackpots.
- If you can’t afford the max bet, at least play all the lines.
- You should never assume that you’re going to start winning soon just because you’ve sat playing the same machine all night. The payout’s are still random, so the chances are just the same no matter what. You’ve got just as much chance of winning on a fresh machine as a stale one.
- Finally, remember that the new payout systems called TITO (Ticket In, Ticket Out) help you play faster. No more hopper fills, or large coin payouts to slow you down (remember those days!….my hands sometimes looked like I had just finished my shift in the coal mines!). So, take a walk – cash it back in to money. Walk to the cashiers booth to give your legs a nice walk and give yourself a break. The machines will wait, and NO, they aren’t programmed to “go off” at a certain time or number of pulls.
So, relax…..enjoy your time with these electronic wonders. And if it isn’t fun anymore, leave or call someone. When it’s not fun anymore, it’s time to quit.
That’s all for now!