It’s “Yo Eleven” developers interested in the Massachusetts Casino Sweepstakes. Here’s a rundown on the final 11:
Eastern Mass Casino
- David Nunes, who has long been marketing his site for a casino, filed an application and the $400,000 fee minutes before the deadline – Milford
- Suffolk Downs and its partner Caesars Entertainment
- Las Vegas casino owner Steve Wynn, who has proposed a resort on industrial land on Mystic River in Everett.
Western Mass Casino
- MGM Resorts – Springfield
- Penn National Gaming – Springfield
- Hard Rock International – Springfield
- Mohegan Sun – Palmer
Slot Parlor License
- Plainridge Racecourse
- Raynham Park
- PPE Resorts run by Cordish Company – Danvers
I said eleven, didn’t I. Well, there is also a vague entry that has not declared a site or which license they would pursue – Chicago billionaire Neil Bluhm.
By the way, commercial development for the third full casino license, in southeastern Massachusetts, is on hold to allow the Mashpee Wampanoag time to make progress on a tribal casino in Taunton.
Some drawings of the proposed properties have been made available. You can find images at: http://www.masslive.com
That’s all for now!