Some of us still haven’t returned to the casino. Or maybe we visited once or twice since they closed in March. Nevertheless, going back to your local casino requires some planning. So before you get in the car, take a deep breath and read over our 10 Tips for Your Casino Return.
Related Post – When Planning Your Bankroll, How Much is Enough?
Before You Get In the Car
1. Study and Practice Before Your Casino Return
Libraries and bookstores have oodles of casino and gambling books that will guide you. Many of you were honing your skills when the casinos closed. In addition, the internet has plenty of practice tools for the casino games of your choice. However, your first stop must be the Wizard of Odds website.
2. Treat Your Casino Return as Entertainment
Nothing takes away the fun factor more quickly than losing the money you need for life’s essentials. Your casino return should be enjoyable. So, make your gambling bankroll last. Divide it into segments, i.e., before lunch/after lunch.
3. Plan to play Big and Visit Less Often
We know it’s been a long time since you visited. But a short casino return will damage your ADT. You’ve been saving for four months with no wagering. Take 2-3X the usual bankroll and plan to stay awhile. Consequently, wait longer between visits.
Casino Comps | The Big Play Casino Gambling Day – Part 1
Casino Comps | The Big Play Casino Gambling Day – Part 2
Casino Comps | The Big Play Casino Gambling Day – Part 3
4. Bring a Few Extra Rewards Cards
Do you know where your old cards have been since the pandemic? Untouched by no human hands except yours! If you have plenty of extra cards, bring a bunch. Or, just get new cards when you arrive. Always ask for at least two cards. Then, if you lose or forget it in the machine, you have more, and you won’t have to get another one.
5. Before Your Casino Return, Go to the Casino’s Website
You need to check their Covid-19 protocols. Mask, No Mask? Plexiglass, No, Plexiglass? Also, find out what food options you may have. You may find restaurants still not open or have selective hours of operation.
6. Bring ALL the Things You May Need
- No matter how you feel about masks, bring the one most comfortable. Bring an extra, or ask the casino staff to provide you with one.
- Rub your eyes often? Some people wear glasses that fit over their regular ones that fit tight.
- Bring whatever you think is lucky. Why not – have fun with it.
- Bring hand sanitizer, to be sure. And wipes to clean your machine.
- Be sure to bring a good attitude and lots of patience.
You’ve Arrived. Now What? – More Tips for Your Casino Return
7. If it’s not busy, take a walk around.
Find the time of day or week you’re most comfortable with. As for me, I prefer the early morning whether I’m in New England, Atlantic City, or Las Vegas.
8. Use your Players Card – with One Exception
This allows the casino to track your play and thus know how much to reward you with comps, even though comps may be slow after opening. One Exception – if you expect a limited time to visit, play a little, and don’t use your card. Instead, save it for Big Play Days.
9. Remind Yourself to Slow Down Your Play
You may be very excited – so excited you can’t stand it! Take a deep breath, check your smartphone, send some texts, and take a pic or two for your “friends.” Then, extend your visit by taking breaks. Enjoy finally being back where you belong.
10. Be Aware of Others – Respect Social Distancing
10 Tips for Your Casino Return ends with your interaction with other players. You may be comfortable with returning, but others may not. Be respectful that others need their space and be very anxious during these “unprecedented” times. Remember that seniors are more susceptible to COVID-19. And don’t be that guy that complains about the politics of it all or how your liberty is being restricted. At this crazy time in our lives, maybe consideration and kindness could start in the casino.