So, do your friends and relatives tell you they don’t visit casinos because “they don’t like to gamble?” Sure, the casino industry tries to dazzle, and mislead us, with big promises of the financial possibilities and the vast array of games to make money. But, aren’t we smarter than that? In this age of casino resorts, casinos as vacation destinations, and casinos of all sizes and amenities, there are many more reasons to venture out…..at least just once. So, here are 10 Reasons to Visit a Casino Besides Gambling.
Here are NON-GAMBLING OPTIONS – in no particular order:
- ENTERTAINMENT – Whether I pay for it or have a concert comped freebie (Free? – we both know better), I love the entertainment casinos offer, whether it be 30 miles away or across the country in Vegas. Whether it be Cirque in Vegas or Cirque at Foxwoods. And let’s not forget some of the local talent featured in every size casino. The offerings in New England’s nine casinos are astounding in scope and variety. Let’s not forget Mohegan Sun has one of the top arenas in the country, voted Best Arena 8 of the last 12 years.
2. Speaking of SPORTING EVENTS – Boxing matches, basketball, CES cage fighting, Pro Lacrosse – these and more I have enjoyed at casino arenas. My two favorite events: #2 – PBR Professional Bull Riding in Las Vegas, and the Connecticut Sun of WNBA Basketball at Mohegan Sun. In New England, Twin River Casino, Foxwoods, and even MGM Springfield are now offering great entertainment and sports.
Try a Staycation
3. STAYING IN A BEAUTIFUL HOTEL – Sometimes, I just like to kick back, away from sounds of ringing slots and screaming winners. I still remember staying at Wynn and Cosmo the first time in Vegas. I just love that “ritzy” feeling of staying at a great hotel. Now, we will have more choices with additional hotels at Oxford, Tiverton, Twin River Everett, and Springfield. There’s even a new hotel within a hotel gan Sun called Aspire. For now, Foxwoods offers excellent varieties of rooms and suites for your luxury vacation.
4. PEOPLE WATCHING – Remember that movie title – “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.” Watching people at a casino, hotel lobby, lounge, or club includes all three and everything in between and beyond. Seriously, have you ever wondered how many people don’t have mirrors in their home after watching people out and about? But, the creme de la creme usually linger around the casino gaming tables. Check them out and give yourself the opportunity to mingle with the wealthy crowd or network to form new relationships, both private and business. You never know who you might see – celebrity watches in Las Vegas turned up Ashton Kutcher at Aria when we stayed there.
Eat, Drink and Make Merry
5. SOCIALIZING – Catching up with friends and socializing is another very common reason for visiting a casino. We will often meet friends for coffee and just to catch up, never spending a dime on gaming because many times the casino is in between us. Watching a sporting event on massive TV’s chowing on some wings can be a great group time out. With gambling options of social gaming and stadium gaming, there are cheap ways to gamble as a group, if the interest arises.
6. EATING & DRINKING – I know singles and couples visit the casino to enjoy a few drinks at the bar or dance at a club. My wife and I enjoy the vast offerings in dining available. Whether it be a terrific buffet, a gourmet burger, fine dining, or something in the food court, there’s always something for everyone. Many casinos now feature famous chefs seen on TV. (And don’t forget KARAOKE & TRIVIA possibilities.)
Let’s take a tour
7. ACCOMPANYING A FRIEND OR GIVING A TOUR – “I just wanted to see the inside.” “Someone brought me here.” Being that someone can be fun. So bring a partner, relative, friend or colleague. Many tribal casinos will include historical background, tours and museums. Being a “Tour Guide” for a newbie can be a real ego boost, and it doesn’t have to cost anything except walking around.
8. THE DECOR – Ever walk in the Bellagio Garden in Las Vegas. How about a walk on the beach outside of the Biloxi casinos? The AC Boardwalk is a wonderful stroll on a spring afternoon. Take a good look around and you might be surprised what artistic and natural beauty you may see. Some of the world’s greatest architects has built amazing casino buildings & attractions.
Related Post – 21 of the World’s Most Extravagant Casino Resorts
9. RELAXATION – Casinos can offer a great way to unwind from the many stresses of life. Going for a walk in an empty casino in the morning can be surreal. The pleasant, elegant and relaxing atmosphere of the casino itself can be a major source of appeal in itself. Spas, pools, craft brews, and even cigar clubs can get you away from the sound of slots. The Connecticut casinos also excellent golf courses for you.
10. SHOPPING – yes, shopping, from small retail stores to malls as large as the largest casinos. One of the most famous would include the Forum Shoppes attached to Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. But no doubt, Tanger Outlets at Foxwoods has anything you could want to buy.
Yes, a casino is more than just gambling. It’s all what you make of it. Check out the many things offered through our links above. You might find something you never realized you liked at a casino…….without gambling!
That’s all for now!